Help us plan your future
Population and traffic growth means we need to shift our focus from moving cars to moving people.
To avoid the high economic, environmental and social costs of congestion and road expansion, we must move people more efficiently.
Transportation should take us where we want to go, when we want to go there.
Why do we Need Transit Future?
The 2008 Provincial Transit Plan provides a strong, new directive for transit:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air contaminants from cars by 4.7 million tonnes by 2020
- Double transit ridership in B.C. to over 400 million trips a year by 2020
Transit Future guides future transit investment that is supportive of livable communities:
- Offering more transportation choice
- Supporting smart land use plans that focus on walking, cycling and transit
- Meeting climate change goals
- Making it easy to access everyday services on foot, by bike and by transit