VICTORIA REGION TRANSIT SERVICE REVIEW
October 21, 2013 Thank you Victoria! We are now summarizing your feedback.
Thank you to the over 700 people who visited us on the Transit Future bus and to the nearly 500 that took the time to fill in the online survey! A very special thanks to the many stakeholders who joined us at one of our three hour long workshops which took place in Westshore, Victoria and Sidney. We had over 50 participants representing local community groups, government and education institutions, business organizations and the public.
We're now summarizing and analyzing your feedback. The preliminary results are expected to be posted here in a few weeks.
September 10, 2013 We want to hear from you!
BC Transit is taking it to the streets because we want to hear from you about the proposed service design standards and service improvement concepts (click here to view). Your feedback will be used to establish implementation priorities for the next few years.
Come visit us on the Transit Future Bus and let us know what you think. Click here to fill in the on-line survey available from September 23 to October 20, 2013. Survey is now closed
The Victoria Regional Transit Commission approved investing 1.5 million dollars in bus/bike only lanes on Douglas Street. Click here for information.
We will also be holding a series of stakeholder meetings to engage key organizations, community groups and keen individuals in a more structured environment. Click here if you would like to participate.
|Wednesday, October 9, 8:45 am to Noon||Westshore|
|Thursday, October 10, 8:45 am to Noon||Victoria|
|Friday, October 11, 8:45 am to Noon||
September 11, 2012
On September 11th 2012 the Victoria Regional Transit Commission approved the Victoria Regional Transit System Service Performance Guidelines. BC Transit staff will now apply the performance guidelines and begin to review and analyze the transit system. From there, staff will develop some quick win service options for approval by the Commission in February, with possible implementation in the fall of 2013. To see the approved service performance guidelines click here.
The Transit Service Review is one of the components of the Transit Future Implementation Plan, and has now been initiated by the Victoria Regional Transit Commission. The review will develop performance standards for transit services and will recommend transit service changes that align with the Transit Future Plan network, improving service to customers and the effectiveness of the transit system. The Service Review will also outline future service expansions that will guide the development of future three-year Service and Financial Strategies.
TRANSIT SERVICE REVIEW OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the Service Review are to:
- Support the implementation of the Transit Future Plan and the associated ridership targets
- Develop transit service performance standards as a framework for reviewing the performance of the existing transit system
- Identify opportunities to improve service efficiencies within the transit system
- Identify cost neutral service changes that align with the Transit Future Plan
- Review existing transit terminal facilities and identify triggers for capital improvement and expansion
- Identify areas that are currently not served or are underserved by fixed-route transit
- Identify future transit service expansions to inform three-year Service and Financial Strategies
- Identify ways to maximize transit system legibility and ridership
through improved customer information, corridor branding and improved
route naming and number conventions