More than 1,500 Abbotsford and Mission residents told us what changes they want for their transit system as part of the Abbotsford-Mission Transit Future Plan completed in January 2013. We are now working to make this happen!
In partnership with BC Transit, the City of Abbotsford and District of Mission are developing route and schedule changes for the Central Fraser Valley Transit System.
The proposed changes are based on what we heard through public input from the Transit Future Plan process. These changes have been guided by the following objectives:
- Improve system performance: improved efficiency and increased ridership
- Service equity: similar neighbourhood densities = similar service levels
- Budget neutral planning: changes must work within the existing budget
May 29, 2014 Update
Following review of the engagement summary and further detailed information related to transit exchange proposals, it has been determined that any transit service changes would no longer be implemented in 2014. MATC and local government partners are working with staff from the City of Abbotsford, District of Mission and BC Transit to consider the timeline and final service change options. More information will be provided on this decision in the next few months. Thank you again for your input to the proposals, this feedback is extremely valuable and is being considered in the decision making process.
April 1, 2014 Engagement Report
We have now analyzed and summarized your feedback from the engagement
events in March 2014. You can view the Public Engagement Report here.
The results have been presented to MATC and are now being used to review
the proposed routes and schedules, working within the constraints of
the original project objectives. Updated options will be presented to
MATC in late April 2014.
Thank you again for your input.
March 12, 2014 Thank you!
Thank you to the over 600 people who shared their viewpoints on the proposed service changes for the Central Fraser Valley Transit System, either in person, at the open houses, or by filling in a survey online. The survey is now closed.
We are now analyzing your and summarizing your feedback. Check back in a few weeks to review the results.
February 1, 2014 - Tell us what you think!
The proposed changes feature:
- More direct routes
- Increased service to popular destinations
- Improved ease of use by reducing trip variations and duplicated service
- A Rapid Line service along the S. Fraser Way/ McCallum/ King corridors to UFV in Abbotsford
- Reallocated service based on ridership and residential density
- A considerable move in developing the longer term Transit Future Plan network
Click here to read more.
Check out other ways to Get Involved.