More than 1,500 Abbotsford and Mission residents told us what changes they want for their transit system as part of the Abbotsford-Mission Transit Future Plan completed in January 2013. We are now working to make this happen!
In partnership with BC Transit, the City of Abbotsford and District of Mission are proposing to implement route and schedule changes to the Central Fraser Valley Transit System in late August 2014.
The proposed changes are based on what we heard through public input from the Transit Future Plan process. These changes have been guided by the following objectives:
- Improve system performance: improved efficiency and increased ridership
- Service equity: similar neighbourhood densities = similar service levels
- Budget neutral planning: changes must work within the existing budget
Proposed Service Changes
In partnership with BC Transit, the City of Abbotsford and District of Mission are proposing to implement route and schedule changes to the Central Fraser Valley Transit System.
We want your help!
Tell us what you think online in the survey until March 10 or attend one of the Open Houses.
February 1, 2014 - Tell us what you think!
The proposed changes feature:
- More direct routes
- Increased service to popular destinations
- Improved ease of use by reducing trip variations and duplicated service
- A Rapid Line service along the S. Fraser Way/ McCallum/ King corridors to UFV in Abbotsford
- Reallocated service based on ridership and residential density
- A considerable move in developing the longer term Transit Future Plan network
Click here to read more.
Check out other ways to Get Involved.