handyDART Booking Information
Booking a Trip
To book a trip, please have this information ready:
- Your name
- The day, date and time you need to travel
- Identify if you have an attendant or companion or service dog
- Your pick-up address - street name and number
- Your drop-off address - street name and number and phone number if available
- Your appointment time
- Your return trip pick-up time
There are three ways to book your trip:
- Book directly with a customer service agent.
- Use handyLINE, the 24-hour automated telephone booking services
- Use handyWEB, the 24-hour online booking services
Book with a Customer Service Agent
Call 250.727.7811 and press 0 during the booking hours.
Customer Service is available:
- Sunday to Thursday between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and midnight
- The handyDART booking office is not open on statutory holidays
Please note: The booking lines are busiest between 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. and between 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Book with handyLINE
To use handyLINE, you must enroll and be given a customer identification number. To register, click on 'handyLink & handyWEB' under 'Register'.
Call 250.727.7811 and press 2, then listen carefully to follow the prompts. The handyLINE system will ask you what you want to do.
- Use your telephone keypad to enter your ID number and PIN
- You will be asked to indicate the day and time of the trip, the destination, if you are traveling with an attendant or service animal, and if you require a return trip
- You will be advised if the trip was scheduled or not available
- If the trip is scheduled, write down the trip confirmation number and pick-up times - a trip confirmation number will help us track your trip if something should go wrong
- If the trip is unavailable, call a customer service agent to try to book the trip - they can often provide a trip as they have access to more booking information
Book with handyWEB
To use handyWEB, you must enroll and be given a customer identification number. To register, click on 'handyLink & handyWEB' under 'Register'.
Go to www.handyDART.com and enter your Customer ID Number and PIN. Follow the prompts on each page.
- You will be advised if the trip was scheduled, requested or not available
- If the trip is unavailable call a customer service agent to try to book the trip - they can often provide a trip as they have access to more booking information
- Your trips may be scheduled or requested: If the trip is requested, it can be wait-listed or placed on stand-by, call a customer agent to confirm the trip status
Your trip may be placed on a wait list if your requested trip can be provided but the pick-up time has not been established. We will provide all wait-listed trips. Once the trip is scheduled we will call to advise you of your pick-up time.
A stand-by trip means that there are no seats available to accommodate you. However, a trip may become available because of same-day cancellations. You must call the handyDART office two hours before your trip time at 250.727.7811 and press 0 to see if your trip can be provided.
Pick-Up Time Changes
Trip cancellations or traffic delays may mean we need to adjust your pick-up time. We will not change the time more than 15 minutes for a one zone trip or 30 minutes for a two-zone trip. In all cases we will get you to your appointment on time. Please listen to your evening call reminder to see if your pick-up time has changed. If time changes are made in the morning, the dispatcher will call to advise you.
When your Ride Comes
When you book a trip, you will be given a 30 minute pick-up window. The pick-up window is the estimated period during which you can expect the vehicle to arrive.
You should be ready to go to your pick-up location at the beginning of your pick-up window. You will receive an arrival notification call 5 to 10 minutes before the vehicle arrives. Go directly to your pick-up location after you receive this call. If you are not available by phone, you must be at the pick-up location at the start of your pick-up window.
Example: For a 9:00 to 9:30 a.m. pick-up window, you should be ready at 9:00 a.m. You will receive an arrival notification call 5 to 10 minutes before the vehicle arrives. If you can't be reached by phone go to the pick-up location at 9:00 a.m.
handyDART may send a taxi or a private van service rather than a handyDART vehicle. If this happens, you can pay with an adult bus ticket or your SuperPASS, U-PASS or PROPASS. The full taxi fare is subsidized and paid by BC Transit. You are not required to pay the fare on the meter nor tip the driver.
Cancelling a Trip
handyDART resources are limited and always in demand. We ask that you call handyDART and cancel a trip as soon as you can. By cancelling as far in advance as possible, you help us improve service to all our passengers.
|Cancel during booking hours:||
|Cancel after booking hours:||
|To cancel when you receive a trip reminder call the night before your trip:||
|handyLINE automated telephone:||
|Use the handyWEB online booking services.||
Automated Phone Service
Victoria Regional handyDART offers an automated telephone service for your needs. All handyDART service can be reached by calling 250.727.7811. Listen carefully to the automated voice and follow the prompts. The system will ask you what you want to do. You can press 0 to speak with an agent at any time during your call
handyDART automated phone service touch-tone menu includes:
|Press 1||to review or cancel a trip, if enrolled|
|Press 2||to book a trip, if enrolled|
|Press 4||to review customer profile|
|Press 5||for more handyDART information|
|Press 6||to transfer to the cancellation line after hours|
|Press 7||for help|
|Press *||to repeat a menu|
|Press 9||to return to the main menu|
|Press 0||to speak with an agent|