handyDART is a transportation service for persons who have
a disability that is sufficiently severe that the person is
unable to use conventional transit service without assistance.
The service is provided to and from accessible building entrances.
You must be registered with the handyDART office before you
can use the service. (Registration is free of charge.) To register,
please call 250-724-1311 on Monday through Friday between the
hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
When you call, the handyDART staff will ask your name, mailing
address and telephone number, then send you an application form.
Please complete the application and return it to Diversified
Transportation Ltd. 3701 - 4th Avenue, Port Alberni, BC V9Y
4H7, or fax it to 250-723-8384.
Booking a handyDART Trip
To book a trip with handyDART, call 250-724-1311 on Monday
through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- your name
- the date and time you wish to travel
- the exact address where you wish to be picked up and dropped
- whether you will be accompanied by an attendant or an escort
- if you use a wheelchair or another type of mobility aid,
- if you wish to book a return trip.
There are two types of service:
- Regular subscription trips once a week or more often.
- One-time trips for purposes such as shopping, social visits
or recreational activities.
Cancelling a Trip
If you no longer need your handyDART reservation, please call
250-724-1311 as soon as possible so that we can schedule a trip
for someone else.
handyDART Hours of Operation
||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|Saturday and Holidays
||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This service is operated by Diversified Transportation Ltd.
For more handyDART information call the operator at 250-724-1311.