handyDART is a transportation service for persons who have
a disability that is sufficiently severe that the person is
unable to use conventional transit service without assistance.
handyDART service is provided to and from accessible building
This service is operated by Powell River Taxi 2001.
You must be registered with the handyDART office before you
can use the service. Registration is free. Please call 604-483-2008
on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and
When you call, the handyDART staff will ask your name, mailing
address and telephone number and register you as a client.
In the case where staff have to get more information before
processing your application, they will let you know what happens
handyDART Hours of Operation
||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
Booking a handyDART Trip
To book a trip with handyDART, call 604-483-2008. Office hours
are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
When you call, please have the following information ready:
- your name
- the date and time you wish to travel
- the exact address where you wish to be picked up and dropped
- whether you will be accompanied by an attendant or an escort
- if you use a wheelchair or another type of mobility aid,
- if you wish to book a return trip.
There are two types of service:
- Regular subscription trips once a week or more often.
- One-time trips for purposes such as shopping, social visits
or recreational activities.
Cancelling a Trip
If you no longer need your handyDART reservation, please call
604-483-2008 as soon as possible so that we can schedule a trip
for someone else.
See the Fares Page.
For more handyDART information call Powell River Taxi 2001